Roger Howarth became a daytime star portraying bad boys and anti-heroes but he’s nothing like his characters. How well do you know the man who plays General Hospital’s Franco Baldwin? Check out these Fun Facts about Roger Howarth!
- Roger Howarth is bi-coastal and calls New York City home when he’s not in Los Angeles filming General Hospital.
- For one of his early years working on GH, he lived in a camper on the beach while in LA. The owner of the park was a soap fan and let him stay in Matthew McConaughey’s old spot.
- His first soap opera gig was as an understudy on As The World Turns. His first onscreen role on a soap opera was as Jory Andros on Guiding Light.
- He played opposite his GH co-star Laura Wright on Loving as Kent Winslow.
- Arguably Howarth’s most popular character is the breakout role of Todd Manning on One Life to Live. During his time playing Todd, he won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series and two Soap Opera Digest Awards.
- While playing Todd, he was part of two super couples with the character’s pairings with Tea and Blair. Todd and Blair were the inspiration behind the main characters in best-selling author Kyra Davis’ novel Dangerous Alliance.
- He took over the role of Paul Ryan on ATWT in 2003 which he played until the series’ end in 2010. He was nominated for two Daytime Emmys for his work on the series.
- In addition to his daytime work, his primetime credits include Diagnosis: Murder, Prey, Dawson’s Creek and The Flash.
- Howarth studied political science at George Washington University for a semester but decided to pursue acting instead.
- He played soccer as a teen and is an avid fan of the sport.
- Howarth met his wife Cari when he lived above the café where she worked in New York City. She asked him out and their first date was at Coney Island.
- He has two children. His son is a model and a soccer player. His daughter is still in high school and has an interest in acting.
- He used to hang out at the same bar as The Sopranos’ star James Gandolfini. Gandolfini was amazed by the amount of dialog he had to learn.
- His son’s godfather is his friend actor Jesse L. Martin.
- Howarth was born on September 13th in Westchester County, New York. He has an older brother and an older sister.
You can make a donation to New York Centre for Children in Roger’s name for his birthday by clicking the link: https://www.gofundme.com/5mo55fc?pc=&rcid=r01-152815900806-3ff4f850dfc44758